ADHD coaching for adults or young people requires specific skills and experience. This type of coaching is a practical intervention that helps you to find ways to overcome challenges and manage your life better.
ADHD can present in many different ways and it is thought that symptoms fall under three subtypes; hyperactivity, intention or a combination of these. There are lots of things that can interfere with attention such as anxiety, stress, tiredness for instance, but with ADHD the difficulties are more persistent. With hyperactivity you may feel restless all the time and have a constant need to fidget and always be ‘on the go’. Sometimes you might talk a lot which can cause problems in communicating with others. Because of impulsivity you may do things without thinking, have difficulty waiting, and interrupt others in conversation.
ADHD coaching can focus on the academic, career, emotional and interpersonal difficulties that you may experience. My systemic model of coaching looks at all aspects of your life, mind, body and environment. Using this approach means that I can help empower and motivate you to make positive changes and be the person you want to be.
ADHD coaching can work well for the following difficulties;
- Improving self-esteem and confidence
- Relationships – personal and professional
- Managing sensory sensitivities
- Coping with the school or work environments
- Managing transitions and change
- Managing difficult emotions including anger
- Developing impulse control
- Planning and organisational skills
- Time management
- Goal setting and motivation
- Improving sleep
- Reducing anxiety
It is not necessary to have a formal ADHD diagnosis for you to access ADHD coaching. Whether you have a diagnosis or not, I can help you achieve an improvement in the management of your symptoms. I can help you to improve your overall mental health and wellbeing.
How it works
You will be offered a free 30 minute discovery session, designed and structured to allow us to get to know one another. If we both feel that we are a good match for coaching I will propose the best coaching options that will be most ideal for your situation. Together we will formulate a way forward so that you can start getting the results you want as soon as possible.
What you can expect
- An initial intensive session for me to get to know you, your life priorities, goals and objectives.
- Private one to one coaching programme tailored to your needs and objectives.
- Weekly, bi-weekly or monthly 60-minute sessions.
- Option of face to face sessions, walking coaching or a session online via Zoom – COVID-19 rules dependent!
- Regular progress reviews and reformulation sessions.
- Tools and exercises to aid positive mental health, your progress and improvement.
- Check in’s as required.
How much does it cost?
Individual sessions cost £120 and payment is required prior to each session.
Access to Work (A2W)
You may be entitlled to apply for a grant that can either pay for the coaching or contribute towards the costs via the UK government access to work scheme. Find out more here.
What are you waiting for?
Book your free discovery session now!